How older people can use technology to stay healthy and connected while avoiding coronavirus?
Corona virus pandemic is everywhere. Older people are vulnerable to illness. Researches show that old people with medical conditions like heart disease, diabetes, lung diseases or cancer and aging disorders are more likely to get effected by corona virus easily.
The foremost precautions to be taken are:
· Wash your hands frequently
· Avoid Crowds
· Do not touch your face with hands
· Drink more water
· Maintain a healthy diet
In the process of their aging, they tend to be lonely and unoccupied. In order to stay healthy and connected, technology plays a key role. We should practice the following to keep the elders involved and stress free
· Teach them how to use smart phones, computer, laptops etc.
· Teach them how to use social media.
· Teach them how to video call so that they stay in touch with their dear ones.
· These can be good times for the adults to occupy themselves and get involved in various activities in social media like chatting, video calling, reading various books and articles.
In this quarantine period technology plays a crucial role to keep the elders involved in activities which helps to improve their mental health.
It’s our responsibility to take care of our beloved elder people. Stay safe and keep them safe.